Downtown Van is pleased to introduce a new pilot project, the “Business Beautification Fund,” totalling $30,000.
Businesses within the Downtown Vancouver catchment are eligible to receive funding that will be put towards enhancing the outward appearance of their business.
Downtown Van will match up to 50% of the proposed project (max $2,000).
Commercial street-level businesses within the 90-block Downtown Van catchment.
Eligible improvements include:
1. Implementation or upgrade of the permanent or temporary patio (including patio application, drawings and implementation, furniture, umbrellas, planters, decoration, etc.).
2. Addition of landscaping elements, such as planters and hanging baskets, to a patio or outdoor business area.
3. Refresh external finishes and repaint (including doors, window frames, etc.).
4. Repair or replacement of storefront windows and doors.
5. Repair, replacement, or upgrade of business signs and signages (including main businesses signs, sandwich boards, etc.).
6. Upgrade of the window display (including design and installation of window wraps, window displays, lighting, menu boards, etc.).
The above list is not all-encompassing. Other improvements could be eligible if they meet the objectives of the Business Beautification Fund.
1. The Businesses Beautification Fund application will be open from Friday, June 24, 2022, to Tuesday, February 28, 2023, or until resources are exhausted.
2. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis and will be approved by the Downtown Van Business Beautification Fund Committee. Successful applicants will be notified within 14 days of their submission.
3. Only one application per business will be accepted.
4. Upon review and project approval, a Letter of Agreement will be issued detailing the terms of conditions and the amount of funding approved.
5. A payment of claims will be given provided that the following documents are received:
– Proof of payment (all receipts or work invoices for the project)
– Invoice to Downtown Vancouver Business Improvement Association (sample invoice attached)
– Photo of the project when complete
6. All applications must comply with the City of Vancouver regulations. If approval from a property owner is required, a copy of the approval letter must be provided along with any applicable permits to Downtown Van when submitting the claims.
7. Applications must be received and reviewed by the Downtown Van committee, and all COV permits must be issued (if required) before any work activities begin.
8. Funds will only be given to new projects. Projects under construction or completed projects will be excluded.
9. Downtown Van reserves the right to turn down an application if it doesn’t align with the Business Beautification Fund objectives.
To submit your application, please fill out this online form.
For any questions, please email Nikola Fischerova, Membership Engagement and Economic Development Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org.