After a successful pilot run in 2022, Downtown Van is pleased to bring back the “Business Beautification Fund,” totalling $20,000.
The Business Beautification Fund’s purpose is to help Downtown Van members enhance the outward appearance of their businesses. Last year, 17 businesses in the downtown core received this funding.
This year, we’ll be distributing a total fund of $20,000. Successful applicants can receive a maximum of $2,000 for their project, and priority will be given to first-time candidates.
Commercial street-level businesses located within the Downtown Van boundaries.
ELIGIBLE IMPROVEMENTS INCLUDE:
- Implementation or upgrade of the permanent or temporary patio, including patio application, drawings and implementation, furniture, umbrellas, planters, decorations, etc.
- Addition of landscaping elements such as planters and hanging baskets to a patio or outdoor business area.
- Refresh of external finishes and repaint, including doors, window frames, etc.
- Repair or replacement of storefront windows and doors.
- Repair or upgrade of business signs and additional signage, including main business signs, sandwich boards, etc.
- Upgrade of the window display including design and installation of window wraps, window displays, lighting, menu boards, etc.
Please note: The above list is not all-encompassing. Other improvements could be eligible if they meet the main objectives of the Business Beautification Fund.
Applications are open from Thursday, June 1, 2023 – Thursday, February 29, 2024 (or until all resources are exhausted).
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-come first-served basis. They will be approved by the Downtown Van Business Beautification Fund Committee. Successful applicants will be notified within 14 days of submission.
- Only one application per business will be accepted.
- Upon review and project approval, a Letter of Agreement detailing the terms and conditions and the amount of funding approved will be issued.
- Payment of claims will be provided upon these documents being received:
- Proof of payment (all receipts or work invoices for the project)
- Invoice to Downtown Van
- Before and after photos of the project when completed
- All applications must comply with the City of Vancouver regulations. If approval from a property owner is required, a copy of the approval letter must be provided along with any applicable permits to Downtown Van when submitting the claims.
- Applications must be received and reviewed by Downtown Van and all COV permits must be issued (if required) before any work activities begin.
- Funds will only be given to new projects. Projects under construction or completed projects will be excluded.
- Downtown Van reserves the right to turn down an application if it does not align with the Business Beautification Fund objectives.
For any questions, please email Jennifer Lai, Administrative and HR Assistant at email@example.com.