The Granville Promenade will run every weekend from July 31 to September 6, 2021.
From July 31 to September 6, two blocks of Granville Street (Helmcken to Nelson and Nelson to Smithe) will be closed to all vehicular traffic, but open to the public! The street closures will take place on Saturdays and Sundays from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm and will be activated with live music, performances, and public art from 1 pm to 7 pm. The promenade aims to infuse energy, promote community in the Downtown core, and create a family-friendly environment that encourages the public to support local businesses.
what’s going on!
Two live music stages
· Two busker/street performances areas
· Pop-up public xart installations
· Public seating
· Deals and offers from various
Granville businesses, and much more!
#Granvilleprom photo gallery
Did you participate in the event or attend the Prom? Check out our public photo gallery, here.
Don’t forget to use #GranvilleProm, tag @downtownvan, and credit @gabrielmartinsphoto when sharing on social!
· Public transit along Granville Street will be
re-routed to Seymour and Howe Streets.
· Deliveries/pick-ups will be re-routed to the alleys on either side of Granville Street.
· Temporary pick-up/drop-off locations will be established on Helmcken and Nelson.
Note that we will need to maintain these locations for artists and active loading/unloading only, so any unauthorized parked vehicles will be ticketed and towed.