To showcase the positive relationship between cycling, business, and the community, Hub cycling is encouraging participants to cycle to your businesses in exchange for a small free promotion.
This is a great marketing opportunity to bring new customers to your business. 20 neighbourhoods are hosting Bike to Shop this year.
All local businesses are invited to take part from [Week 1: Saturday August 7 – Friday August 13 | Week 2: Saturday August 14 – Friday August 20].
HUB Cycling is looking for bike-friendly businesses to offer free promotions or services, such as:
- Free coffee or snacks
- Significant drink, meal, or retail specials (e.g. 2 for 1)
- Quick bike fix-ups
- Free item to the first 50 people who visit
- Other ideas you might have!
You can offer a promotion on as many or as few days and hours during the week as make sense for your business. $100 grants are available to businesses who need financial support to participate. See their business how-to guide for more information on how the event will work.
Why take part?
- Last year 800 people stopped by businesses in 3 neighbourhoods. With 15+ neighbourhoods planned this August, there is a huge potential to bring even more.
- Businesses that participated in 2020 found that people who stopped by for a free promotion would buy other things at the same time.
Your business is a critical part of this event – the event doesn’t exist without you, so HUB Cycling will do everything they can to promote your business. Opportunities include:
- Publishing on the online event schedule
- Schedule mention on newsletter (40,000+ contacts)
- Facebook event listing businesses taking part
- Mention on HUB Cycling website
- Social media mentions
- Great prizes will encourage participants to visit participating businesses throughout the week.