The DVBIA is partnering with HUB Cycling to bring the Shop Local Challenge to downtown Vancouver!
To showcase the positive relationship between cycling, business, and the community, they are encouraging participants to cycle to your businesses in exchange for a small free promotion.
This is a great marketing opportunity to bring new customers to your business. Over 15 neighbourhoods are hosting a Shop Local Challenge this year.
All local businesses are invited to take part from [Week 1: Saturday August 7 – Friday August 13 | Week 2: Saturday August 14 – Friday August 20].
HUB Cycling is looking for bike-friendly businesses to offer free promotions or services, such as:
- quick bike fix ups
- coffee or snacks
- drink or meal specials (e.g. 2 for 1)
- other ideas you might have!
You can offer a promotion on as many or as few days and hours during the week as make sense for your business. See their FAQ document for information on how you can take part.
Why take part?
- Last year 800 people stopped by businesses in 3 Shop Local Challenge neighbourhoods. With 15+ neighbourhoods planned this August, there is a huge potential to bring even more.
- Businesses that participated in 2020 found that people who stopped by for a free promotion would buy other things at the same time.
Your business is a critical part of this event – the event doesn’t exist without you, so HUB Cycling will do everything they can to promote your business. Opportunities include:
- Publishing on the online event schedule
- Schedule mention on newsletter (40,000+ contacts)
- Facebook event listing businesses taking part
- Mention on HUB Cycling website
- Social media mentions
Great prizes will encourage participants to visit participating businesses throughout the week.
If your business would like to take part in the Shop Local Challenge, please complete the sign-up form by July 15, 2021.
For more information, visit www.bikehub.ca/biketoshop