Ackery’s Alley is the DVBIA’s latest transformed laneway, situated beside the Orpheum Theatre. The alleyway is also home to FIELD, a light and sound installation that comes to life when it senses motion. Sensors in the lights detect people or objects, changing colours and emitting sounds in reaction to movements made by passersby and visitors.
And that’s where you come in! The Downtown Vancouver Business Improvement Association is on the hunt for the best photographs of the alley (and yourself!), and in return, we have some great prizes up for grabs.
1. Take a photo in Ackery’s Alley
2. Post it on social media using the hashtag #ackerysalley
3. Tag @miss604 and @downtownvan
- Cooking Class with Cook Culture – Value $200
- Donnelly Group Gift Card – Value $150
- Gift card to Hudson’s Bay – Value $150
One winner will be drawn at random from all entries received through the social channels, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. The winners will be drawn on March 8, 2019, at 12 pm.
Ackery’s alley Location:
Situated beside the Orpheum Theatre. (Smithe St, between Granville and Seymour St.