Finding employment or the right employee in today’s economy can be tough. That’s why each year the YMCA helps over 170,000 youth and young adults reach their full potential through employment programs like the YMCA Post-Secondary Youth Internship Program (PSYIP) – a federally funded initiative providing recent graduates with career-related work experiences in various sectors. PSYIP helps young, motivated professionals build skills, develop confidence and integrate into the Canadian labour market.
The YMCA’s Post-Secondary Youth Internship Program is looking to connect 52 recent post-secondary graduates to new careers by January 21st, 2019! Each new hire comes with an $8.00/hour wage subsidy for the first 8-16 weeks to offset training costs for their new employer.
To be eligible for the program, interns must be:
- 19 to 30 years of age (at the time of selection)
- A post-secondary graduate, or student looking to start a practicum
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person on whom refugee status has been confirmed
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Not in receipt of EI benefits, or eligible to receive
- Available to work full-time (35 hrs/week)
- Have limited to no experience in their field of interest