Canadian Blood Services is hosting a month-long blood drive throughout the month of August and they want your business to get involved! Below is more information from the Canadian Blood Services team on how you and your business are able to help.
In BC, Canadian Blood Services needs to collect 10,000 blood donations each month to serve hospital patients. 1 in 2 people can donate, however, only 1 in 60 do. Canadian Blood Services needs your help to meet the needs of hospital patients this summer!
Unfortunately, the need for blood does not take a summer vacation and the Downtown Vancouver Clinic needs 800 donations every month. However, your group could have a direct impact on saving lives for BC hospital patients this summer.
Every minute of every day, someone in Canada needs blood and often from more than one generous donor. Some examples include:
- Up to 8 donors a week to help someone with leukaemia
- Up to 5 donors to help someone undergoing cancer treatment
- Up to 50 donors to help someone in a car crash
- Up to 2 donors to help someone who needs brain surgery
- Up to 5 donors to save someone who needs heart surgery
- Up to 2 to 8 donors to help someone with internal bleeding
- Up to 2 donors a day to help someone undergoing a bone marrow transplant
- Up to 4 donors a month to help someone with Aplastic Anemia
- Up to 2 donors for a hip replacement
WHAT IS THE DRIVE?
The Retail Blood Drive is a month-long drive to get as many Retail Store Teams into our clinics in August! Like shopping and filling the bags with merchandise, we need you to fill our clinics to save lives of hospital patients. Whether you are a seasoned donor or new to donating, we need you this month.
HOW YOU CAN HELP?
Pick a date for your team or group to donate together, or if one date doesn’t work for everyone, donate individually as every donation counts.
TEXT, CALL or EMAIL NOW to get started! Razvan Sichitiu, Territory Manager at
604-787-3247 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For Individual appointments: www.blood.ca or 1 888 2 DONATE (1 888 236-6283)