In case you missed our AGM on June 14, here are some of the highlights of the evening.
Held in the emerald ballroom at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel, this year’s AGM saw more than 200 of our members join together to enjoy cocktails and canapés whilst voting through AGM business, recognizing the Downtown Appreciation Awards and spending time with other downtown colleagues.
Among the guest speakers was First Nation woman, Debra Sparrow who opened the AGM with a traditional Musqueam greeting and spoke about her work as a Musqueam weaver and artist. After AGM voting and business updates, it was time to recognize our Downtown business winners in five different categories.
- Emerging Leader Award – Façade Festival
- Outstanding Individual Award – Malte Kluetz, The Vancouver Christmas Market
- Sustainability Award – SMAK
- Outstanding Organization Award – The Vancouver Foundation
- Lifetime Achievement Award – The Late Bing Thom
We’d love to thank all members who attended the AGM and we look forward to seeing you all at next year’s event.